Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christianity is great! Woo hoo!

Start popping the champagne (or non-alcoholic sparkling cider, my Baptist friends) -- Congress has declared that Christmas is "a holiday of great significance to Americans" and that "the Christian faith" is "one of the great religions of the world."

Take that, Zoroastrians! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Can you believe that 9 godless Demon-crats voted against the Resolution? And I can't figure out why Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul couldn't interrupt their Presidential campaigns to fly back to Washington for the vote. I guess that's why they're polling so low -- they're obviously not Presidential material.


Okay, I have to stop this before someone take me seriously. For the humor-impaired, that was all sarcasm. It's frightening how easy it is to write like that.

I know resolutions are non-binding, but this is an embarrassment to me as a Christian (and a citizen). It makes it look as though Jesus needs a thumbs-up from Congress. Please, guys, stop helping.


(h/t: Done With Mirrors)

2 comments:

reader_iam said...

Amen, brother!

Pastor_Jeff said...

This means the culture wars are over. We won!!

But where does Congress stand on warm puppies? And what's the best flavor Jolly Rancher?

Anyway, have a happy, non-religion-specific winter holiday, everyone -- 'cuz I'm gracious in victory and tolerant of your not-great religions.


Read more!